Help

I'm afraid of dealing with the labour pains. When i watch video of vloggers vlogging their labour and they are crying during the contractions, it makes me think that i'm not strong enough to go through it. I don't know if i'm ready for the actual day. I'm anxious and i'm terrified of what to expect.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I was afraid too. But knowing my options on the pain relievers and its side effects help. Support from my husband n family helped too. Try not to watch so much of these videos. They will get into your head. Every birth is unique. U never know how strong u are. Yes, it is painful but be positive knowing that u are meant for this. 💪💪

Read more

Hey, First of all be strong and proud that you are about to bring a new life into this world :) Always keep your mood positive and uplifted and try not watching those videos as .it makes you negative. Just be calm and relaxed and when the time comes, you will get power and it will all be fine :)

Always believe in yourself. Just tell yourself that you cannot wait for your LO to come out and you will somehow not focus on the pain. Have the epidural as well if you are easily distracted by pain or the wait during final contractions.

I dont watch that because I know it will just make me feel anxious. I just expect that it will be painful and focus on researching how to have a smooth delivery and what are the options available to lessen the pain.

Hey mama! You’re so much stronger than you are. I tried not to watch any of those videos because I feel it creates even more uneasiness. If it really hurts for you you can opt for pain reliefs

VIP Member

Just ask for epidural when you check in. Don’t wait. I waited and regretted! Hahah.. I learnt my lesson. Trust me, by end of your labour, you will thank whoever invented epidural!

VIP Member

Once u on labour mode, u wanna see ur LO asap. Wont think so much. U can hv epidural n laughing gas. I think laughing gas is 'powerful', knocked me out on n off 🤣

Super Mum

Just take epidural. You won't feel the pain after that. The vloggers might be exaggerating as they need views for their videos or they never use epidural...

Can consider epidural. But will still have strong pressure coz they want u to push. U will be strong enough to push coz of ur LO 💪🏻💪🏻

Truth is, we will never be able to prepare ourselves for the actual moment. It helps to think of what happens after birth, baby in your arms :)