Trisomy 21 results

Hi, i’m actually feeling so down right now. Anyone here got the same thing as me? Trisomy 21 results at 1:50 😭😭😭 my gynae also said that from the scan, he thinks it’s just a 2% possibility that the baby might be down syndrome. I’m really so so sad right now.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My second one (planned pregnancy) has a 1% chance of trisomy 21 after my test done on 9 - 10 week. Do further amniocentesis test at 16 weeks. The result can out positive. We decide to terminate the pregnancy about 19 weeks. We go thru a hell of of mental torture during 9 weeks till 19 weeks and after post termination. Within 6 mths after termination, I get pregnant again (planned pregnancy as well, doctor encourage us to try again naturally). Miscarriage without any symptoms at 9 weeks. Doctor suspect trisomy 21 issue again. Did a test on dead foetus cells, trisomy 22. Doctor said can try again as both trisomy 21 and 22 are not related. They are just more common chromosome problem because of my age. Coming 41 in Oct 2020. Unexpected pregnancy within 4 mths (unplan), so worried and stressful on this pregnancy. Now 22 weeks pregnancy, done all the necessary tests. All tests turned out negative but placenta was a bit low that I need to monitor. Hope my recent pregancy miracle will happen to you as well. Hope we both have a smooth delivery with a healthy baby P.S (try to stay positive)

Read more
1y ago

Can I check with you… how was the termination process like at week 19? My baby has high risk of trisomy 18