First trimester screening (FTS) at KKH with high risk of 1:14 for trisomy 21 at week 12

Hi mummies out there.. I’ve just gotten my FTS results from KKH taken at week 12. Report shows that my baby NT 3.1 which is higher than normal 2.6. Sonographer couldn’t find baby nasal bone too. Other than that the rest of the structures are visible. During the sonogram my baby was very active and sonographer took a long time to complete my scan taking 1.5 hours. My hcg level is at 0.7 lower than normal =1. Thus this has elevated my risk for trisomy 21=1:14, trisomy 18=1:181, trisomy 13=1:889. I would like to check with mummies out there with a follow up NIPT, will the NIPT result be worse off? #1stimemom #advicepls #worriedfirsttimemom

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

NIPT is very much more accurate as it is based on blood sample. My daughter was placed on very high risk for trisomy disorders based on the FTS results due to our age and the fact that they couldn’t detect the nasal bone. Our NIPT results turned out fine and baby was born healthy. All the best!

3y ago

Thanks!

I think NIPT result will be more accurate as it’s 99% accuracy. It’s not a matter of worse or better off, but more on accuracy

3y ago

Thanks for sharing

Congrats! Just read your positive news. When’s your EDD? I think we are in the same month :)

3y ago

Haha August babies!

what did doc advice. dont think too much

3y ago

I did NIPT and another fetal heart scan and ultrasound. My baby is growing all well at week 15. NIPT results all low risk. Thank goodness