Trisomy 21 results

Hi, i’m actually feeling so down right now. Anyone here got the same thing as me? Trisomy 21 results at 1:50 😭😭😭 my gynae also said that from the scan, he thinks it’s just a 2% possibility that the baby might be down syndrome. I’m really so so sad right now.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey I know how you feel. One of my blood test carried a trisomy defect as well but I didn’t think too much about it. Didn’t go for further checks as well. Leave it as it was and now I’m 3 weeks to my EDD and baby is as healthy as a horse. Don’t feel sad, decide what is the next step you want to take. Further tests to have a peace of mind? So that you can prepare financially? And what if it really turns out you’re carrying a DS baby? Are you going to terminate your pregnancy? Or will you continue and pray for your baby’s health? For many of us no matter what the results are, we won’t be terminating our pregnancy BUT there are some who might think otherwise because they can’t afford to raise a DS baby or how much you have to prepare mentally, physically and financially because it is a lifetime commitment. All the best Mummy, all I can advise for now is don’t overthink things.

Read more
4y ago

I am also considering to leave it as it is and just hope for the best. I am also trying my best to not think about it. Thank you so much. I’ll think for a couple of days and then will decide what to do. ❤️