Early miscarriage what kind of treatment

Hi I'm about 8 weeks going to 9 weeks. It's my 1st scan and found out that baby has no heartbeat . I told the Dr I want it to be naturally comeout . Hence the Dr give me an appointment 2 weeks later. I just want to ask if it's still not out yet , will u prefer taking the meds or going for operation? Share your experiences please appreciate it

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i opt for operation as i read that the pain/cramps for natural miscarriage or med is not easy to bear with. plus i couldn’t imagine myself bleeding for ~ 1 week. however one day before my operation, i started bleeding. it was super pain, tbh almost fainted at home… went to hospital, doc check and was still 1cm thick of lining in my uterus. so i went ahead with the operation to clear it off since i was at the hospital and i wanted to recover asap and try again for another baby. while waiting for the operation at the waiting area, there was a lady who was also doing the operation, she mentioned that she took the medi 1 month ago but not everything is cleared. hence she has to do operation… speak to your gynae before making the decision. wish u all the best and quick recovery!

Read more

i was almost at the end of my 2nd trimester and found out no heartbeat. i opt for the natural way. and yes i couldnt agree more about the terrible pain and cramps. some says like contractions. im thankful for hubby and mom supporting and assisting me throughout. i was on a very short and minor malay traditional confinement care by mom's order with 3 days massage. on our follow up appointment, all out and good. truly hubby and i were strongly emotional affected becos we saw the big blob of blood clots just dropped on the toilet floor, knowing thats our child. took us awhile though to forget that moment. now im 18wks pregnant.

Read more

i took the meds as i happened to be on a long leave, and wanted to use that time for recovery. husband and parents advised me against waiting for it to naturally happen as they were afraid it might happen when i’m at work / home alone. we also opted against operation as we preferred something non-invasive

Read more

i took med to clear. my doc also gave me painkiller so i didn’t feel much pain. only light cramps when i passed out the sac. i was week 9 gng to 10 when it happened.

operation. the medication might not effectively remove all the cells and may end up having to do surgery after all.

Meds is more safer. Did abortion last 2 year all when well. Now pregnant