Miscarriage

Hi.. Went for my 2nd appointment few days back and there was no heartbeat so DR said it was a miscarriage. Was kind of zoned out when the DR explained regarding the options and I ended up choosing to wait for it to come out naturally.. Gave me till next monday to come back for another scan and she mentioned if its still inside will give me some meds and 2 days later will have to be admitted.. Can anyone explain the difference between the medicines / surgery? Is the meds for the surgery or is it 2 different procedures?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had two miscarriages, one in which it came out naturally. But that natural miscarriage did not “cleanse” my womb. Which meant that there were leftover tissues in my womb. Subsequently I got pregnant again, but I miscarried again. This time round I wanted to let it come out naturally again, but I decided to go for a D&C after realising my womb might not be fully cleared of the tissues and clots. The d&c surgery was done quickly, I’m out in about 30mins? Rested in the hospital then I’m good to go back home. Minimal pain, actually close to no pain, just maybe a little cramp that’s all. Otherwise I’m good. Decided to go for the surgery to “clean” my womb and maybe have a fresh start again? Hope this helps you, and sorry for your loss..

Read more

from my understanding & experience my doc doesn't encourage the surgical cos it might affect your womb, i opt for medicine, i admitted myself to the hospital & they gave me oral medication first to let us feel the contraction and subsequently they will put medication from below... But mine was fast after the oral medication it took me abt 12hrs and all was out by itself.. some ppl might want it fast, they went thru the surgery but its a painless procedure it depends.... you might want to consult your gynae to see what's the best option for you? or perhaps whenever you are ready?🙏😊

Read more