Sense of security?

I went for my first scan with NUH on 21st March. Found out that i was only 6 weeks along, so Dr couldn’t give an estimated EDD or advise much because of how early I was. The next appointment booked in by NUH will be on 3rd May, more than 6 weeks apart. Is this normal? Also, it’s been 2 weeks-ish since the appointment and I’m trying to stay sane and afloat but I’m just very worried about the baby (no bleeding or spotting) and wondering if everything is going well? I don’t have much symptoms other than occasional nausea and headache. Idk if it’s because pregnancy hormones are going wild but does anyone else also feel that the break between each scan is too long? Esp when you are in 1st trimester? Any tips to cope and to feel ok? #adviceplease #firstmom #newmom #worriedmomhere #worriedmomhere

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

im at week 7 and I have no nausea and just feeling a bit tired etc. babys heartbeat is all good. just take it as a blessing, it's normal as long as you don't have any cramping or bleeding. Edd you can find online too, I legit just put in my lmp date and got the date which my gynae also confirmed at week 6. pls get a second opinion cos its easy to get this date :/ weird that your gynae say cannot confirm. in terms of scans, people don't even get scans till 2nd tri in other countries. the recommended amount of scans in the states is 3 lol cos you're exposing the fetus to the energy field. it's not a big deal, but it's also ok to have fewer scans. private does more scans, it's well known that public does fewer. don't stress, stay healthy, eat well. you got this, and you're so blessed that your fetus is chillin and letting u chill too ♡♡♡

Read more

For me, I was referred to KKH. The gynae was not able to locate where it was. My urine confirmed that I was pregnant. They said it’s either I go for blood test or come back again the following 2 weeks to check. I opt for the blood test ( to be tested on 2 separate days as they want to compare the results) The next day the hospital called me and requested me to go back as they need to do a thorough scanning. The news came back was the foetus is in the right place but too tiny to determine the weeks. I went back again 2 weeks later and they were able to tell me that I was on my 6 weeks. I will be going back for my another scanning on my 8 weeks (to get my confirmed EDD 😅). Frankly, it’s really scary and such a long wait even for 2 weeks. Maybe you want to go for second opinion? Take care, and I hope everything will goes well for you 😊❤️

Read more
4w ago

Great to hear... possible to share ur hcg in both test?

I rem for my first one I felt the same, even when it became 4 weeks apart in second trimester I also feel it's too long. can only try to keep ourselves busy to take our mind off, like work, or research baby stuff to buy, research breastfeeding techniques etc. the occasional nausea and headaches are good sign that the pregnancy is progressing well! also I read an article that once we cross 8-10weeks chances of *unfortunate events* are way reduced, so have faith! jiayou mummy!

Read more
4w ago

thanks for the encouragement! will try to keep myself busy busy busy

My first scan at KKH they predicted it to be around 5 weeks? All I see on the screen was a dot. Went back 2 weeks later and they estimate around 6.8 weeks and they scheduled another scan two weeks later (tomorrow) as they think it’s time to test for Down syndrome + blood test. Not sure why mine is scheduled two weeks apart but I just follow doctor’s orders

Read more

I had my first scan at NUH on 28 March. 6 weeks old but doc managed to give me my EDD. I'm a sub patient. Based on the doc, for first trimester, it will be 4 weeks appt for me, which I find it so long! 😔 Can't wait for the next scan. But you can choose to go for private doc in between for the scan. :)

Read more
4w ago

govt subsidy :)

I’m feeling the same level of anxiety and worry. Went for my first check on 27 March. Next one on 18th April, by then I’ll be 8 weeks and will be able to hear baby heartbeat! I’m super worried and can’t wait for time to faster go by

3w ago

That will be next week and mine is 16 Apr, likewise week 8. Lately read so much on the reasons behind MC. Anxiety another level up. 😅

By then u will be 12 weeks and seems quite far apart as some of the tests can start in 10 weeks. How's the last scan? can hear heartbeat? I am at 6 week now and appt from last scan when 5 week is 2 weeks apart.

4w ago

My last scan was 5 week on 30 Mar showing a sac. Next follow-up 16 Apr at KKH private n by then 7 week. I went gynae early cos of my age and with mild high bp. I totally with you... everyday wondering how's the progress even though is my 3rd pregency.