Duphaston doesn’t stop bleeding

Hello! I’m about 6-ish weeks now, and due to bleeding I was prescribed Duphaston. Twice a day initially but brown bleeding did not stop, and doc increased Duphaston to thrice a day. There is still spotting and brown blood / tissue like stuff when I wipe. Anyone with similar experience with taking Duphaston but doesn’t stop bleeding? And I don’t feel any side effects at all, no nausea, nothing. Is that normal?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 11 wks now and taking Duphaston for my bleeding. Started taking it since Week 6 when I had bleeding. Unfortunately, I'm still experiencing light bleeding and spotting every day but have no other symptoms. I think it's normal. Been to the Urgent O&G Centre a few times and docs can only advise me to stay on Duphaston, 3x a day. So far baby is well. Let's just hope the bleeding goes away soon after the first trimester for both of us!

Read more
2y ago

im experiencing the same now at 6 wks. how is ur baby? been on duphaston for a week but bleeding hasnt stopped.

TapFluencer

I had the jab and had duphaston first time took 1 week 6 hourly once I stop I bleeding again doctor gave me jab and continue duphaston again for 1 week once I stop I had tummy ache end up I had to eat all the way until 12 weeks had another jab. was asked to bed rest all the way till I'm stable around 12 weeks too

Read more

Walking and standing can cause bleeding and spotting. Take the med by gynae and reduce walking. Bed rest most effective