Having trouble staying asleep

Hello! I’m at 9W4D gestation. My insomnia seems quite bad the last one week. Between 4am to 7am I will wake up once to pee but normally after peeing I’ll be able to get to sleep immediately. However recently it’s just sleepless mornings and it is affecting my day at work badly. My energy level drop and lack of sleep + hormones makes me cranky even more. During week 6-8, I sleep very well without any disturbances at night. Can anyone tell me if this will pass or it will go on and on until the child is delivered? And I’m not sure if I should seek help from my gynae about this.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It will pass... In fact it will keep changing... I'm at 10W5D and for the past 2 weeks I've been doing less night pee, but I wake up earlier and ido not fall asleep as easily... At week 5... I woke up like 5 times a night some times even... These days I just take advantage of hot hawker breakfast. And go out for a first meal... See some light and breathe some outdoor air. Makes me feel better... Since I have nauseaness like 24/7. But the pattern of intensity change too... What I've learnt in the past 2.5 months is... It will keep changing!! Brace urself. Good luck!!

Read more

Hi there, I believe insomnia is very common and I’ve experienced bad one in the same period too. I’m at 12 weeks now and it’s been a bit better, but for me i felt is mental anxiety and stress, plus i keep getting tummy ache at night or sometimes need to pee! i have started trying out meditation to cope with this. hope it helps you too!

Read more

It keeps changing for me. I find it hard to sleep, tossing and turning at different stages. Week 20 now. Finding a bit difficult to sleep plus few days. Hope it gets better soon.

I am a light sleeper but in my first trimester (only after i know im preggy) then i start to get insomnia. Even now in my last trimester, i dont sleep as well..