Insomnia at 34 weeks pregnant

Im 34 weeks pregnant and having a lot of trouble getting quality sleep. I have backaches sleeping on my side (even with pregnancy pillow and lots of pillow support) and feel alot pressure at the pelvic area if sleep on my back.. so theres no comfortable sleeping position.. plus i wake up between 5 to 8 times a night to pee (almost every 1 to 2 hour in the day as well) so the quality and quantity of my sleep has been really poor. It makes me so tired and unfocused in the day and my productivity at work has dropped too.. (i originally planned to work till edd but now Im considering taking HL earlier ..) any one has similar issue or advice on how to sleep better..?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

best not to sleep on your back, on left side preferred. have you tried sleeping on an angled pillow for your head? it’s not easy and very difficult to sleep for me too, tahan few more weeks to go. try drinking lesser water before bed. i’m 34 weeks too but don’t wake up to pee at all.

I had the same issue with sleeping on my sides and sometimes I just sleep on my back. I tried to keep myself active during the day to make myself tired at night, and drink less water 2 hours before bed. Hence I only woke up 1-2 times to pee. I’m at 37w.

Same.. 35w now.. currently whenever i am unable to sleep on bed, i’ll move to try to sleep on our recliner sofa.. sometimes it works.. if not, i’ll try to catch up with sleep during the weekend.. jiayou mummy 💪