5 mth suddenly refuse to sleep + diarrhoea + extra fussy

Need some advice... My 5 month old is having problems sleeping at night. He used to sleep 6-8 hour stretches, ever since he was 2 months old. This started about a week ago. He'd wake up at 2am for milk as usual, then refuse to go back to sleep. Or will cry bloody murder if he falls asleep when i rock and then try to put him down. This can go on all the way until at least 9am. He is also refusing my husband. The rocking must be done by me, otherwise scream nonstop. I'm so tired and my back is breaking omg I'm losing my sanity. At the same time, he's suddenly having green diarrhoea. At least 4 times a day. Idk what is causing it. Tried giving probiotics daily for a week already. Seems to have improved (lesser/drier), but poop is still green. Not sure if this tummy upset is the thing that's keeping him up at night. He doesn't seem to be in discomfort though. Just want to be carried. Anyone had similar experiences? Maybe teething, stomache, regression etc. Please share and tell me this is normal and will pass soon. 🥲 Idk how many more sleepless nights I can tahan.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

it might be worth changing milk brand. After drinking, keep his head higher than the body for at least 15min, to let the milk flow down into his tummy better. remember to burp him sufficiently after each feed. if it's okay for u/hubby, try to kangaroo hug him for a long period (don't need to keep shaking), to help the milk flow down to tummy and stay there. I did this for my first kid and he rarely face digestive issues/fuss.

Read more
8mo ago

yes upright body hug