Unwanted abortion

I'm 6 months pregnant but I am not married. My partner is still in the picture and I'm not depending on my parents to handle my medical bills or pregnancy care. My parents have been asking me to abort. Right now, they are waiting for my response whether i want to abort through induce labour at 6 months pregnant. Is that even allowed? Everytime I reject the idea of abortion, they will get very angry. How do I reject this idea nicely? I really want this baby.

52 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, this baby is yours. You’ve spent 6 months with him/her, and you’re the one spending many more years with your child in the future. Nobody can make that decision for you, and neither should they force you to do their bidding. With regards to the regulations, if I remember correctly, no abortion can be done past 24 weeks, and even if you want to go for one just before 24 weeks, you’re required to go through counselling followed by 48 hours before it can be done. Hence, if you’re past 23 weeks and 4 days, you can’t have an abortion done.

Read more