Get A Helper Or Be A SAHM?

I'm 32 this year. I'm torn on whether I should leave my job to take care of my baby or get a Helper instead. Do you enjoy taking care of your child and watching them grow, or do you prefer to be financially stable(having your own money) since SG is not exactly cheap? And if you get a Helper, do you regret not having those times with your baby?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I love my baby but to be honest it is extremely tiring to spend time with the baby for a whole day, since you need to pay full attention to baby and cannot get anything else done. Plus to be honest it gets kinda boring 😅. I really admire SAHM because I really can't do it. It is a big sacrifice to devote yourself fully to your child, and while being a working mom is not easy either I feel it's better for my own mental wellbeing. Plus I don't think working means I can't be there for my child, I still spend time with her after work and fully on weekends and I guess it makes the time we spend together more special and precious. It is no easy choice so just want to give my perspective as a working mom but it's your own decision to make. Good luck!

Read more
4y ago

Yr right. Taking care of baby alone can get mundane sometimes. At the beginning, I was quite set to becoming a SAHM. However, my feelings got swayed after actually taking care of baby during my maternity. Honestly, I didn't know what to expect since it's my first time. I guess once I'm back at work, I'll test to see which works better for me. Thanks for sharing! ❤️