Fetal weight

I’m 30 weeks 3 days pregnant and my baby’s weight is already 1.8kg. Anyone has a similar experience?? The Gynae told me that I have to cut down my meal portions as the baby is getting too big.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We're in a quite similar situation! My baby was 2.1kg at his 32nd wk and 3.3kg now at 35th. I did cut down on my meals but perhaps my sugary drinks tt contributed to the rapid weight gain for baby 😅. I went a lil crazy with desserts when my GD test came bck normal, though my own weight gain has only been abt 8kg since the start of pregnancy. Facing possibility of an induction at 37th wk if baby exceeds 3.6kg, which I'm afraid will likely to happen 😥 So try to cut down on ur meals and avoid sugar as much as possible!

Read more
3y ago

Yes, I guess mine is partly blamed on my higher intake of sugar in 3rd tri (cravings!) which I did not consciously avoid even tho my meals are definitely smaller with less carbs. On the other hand my gynae informed tt perhaps it's somewhat genetic as my hubby was almost 4kg at birth, now more than 6 ft tall. I'm short though at 5ft 1 haha. My gynae didn't say anything abt baby's other measurements as his ratios of FL, AC and BPD are within normal range. And anw baby's weight is merely estimation of +/- 10% so don't think too much of it!

Super Mum

Hi Charlotte, I’m a big (excuse the pun) and firm believer of your body being built to birth the baby growing within you :) all we have to do is trust our amazing bodies :) Thought this article might interest you: https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-for-induction-or-c-section-for-big-baby/

Read more
TapFluencer

me. when I'm at 28 weeks doctor warn me to stop eating baby is already 2kg. I didn't listen I just enjoy my food happily until 36 weeks she came out 3.2kg. I gain a total of 22kg

Yes, u may wanna consider healthy meals options? And cut down on sugary drinks ?

My baby weight 1.7kg when im in week 32