1st time pregnant

Im at 1st trismester, how to make the nausea feeling go away? Any tips. If stomache aches, can i apply oilment to ease the pain?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too! 😭 I can’t smell rice or eat rice. The thought of food makes me want to throw up so badly lately. I’m at 7-8 weeks now. I can eat a little bit of Mee Soto for breakfast and can last till the next day. I can’t even think about lunch or dinner. Yup it’s that bad as well. It gets worse when I feel nauseated and I try to lie down. Oh god... evenings are also worse for me. So far, I don’t throw up like some moms do, so I think I’m still considered quite lucky? I feel really sorry for those who can’t swallow even water. For me, I’d keep dried prunes (since I don’t really like sour snacks) and keep myself occupied and not allow my pregnancy brain to think about food that will trigger me. You can do this Mummy, every day is just another nauseated day but hey it gets better in 2nd tri! As long as baby is growing healthy, we can combat morning sickness anytime. ❤️

Read more

Pls be very careful with applying ointment and essential oils. i accidentally applied ruyi oil in my 1st trismester 😅 and within 6 hours had to rush to A&E due nasty cramps. Had a threatened miscarriage.. but baby turned out fine. You should check with gynae to play safe

Me too. But this was what I did. Apply soothing oils at the back. Mild back massage. And keep going. Keep eating. Ignore the nausea feeling.

I took med from gynae.. wont puke everyday. But still puke once every few days. I apply ruyi oil on tummy for better digestion.

Yes, can apply ointment but avoid any with camphor as part of the ingredients. Can also eat or drink some sour food/juices.

VIP Member

Tell your doctor, they will provide you meds. And yes, you can apply oilment to ease the pain. I applied it too

VIP Member

Better to get meds from the gynaecologist... For now, try to avoid food or smell that trigger your nausea

You can try drinking hot ginger tea! They come in instant sachets so it’s pretty convenient too.

Hi, You can try ginger and lemon tea. But still best is to get meds from the gynae just to be safe

VIP Member

ask your gynae medicine for nausea. and yes you can apply oilment for your stomach ache.