sushi cravings during pregnancy

I'm 19wks plus almost to 20. and im craving for sushi. is it alright for me to eat them??..

sushi cravings during pregnancy
14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! My gynae has advised that it’s ok to eat salmon sashimi even (when prepared properly), but for me i prefer to avoid all even cooked ones like tamago as it’s likely to be prepared in the same area as the raw stuff. If you really are craving, gynae gives the go ahead, and your pregnancy isnt a complicated one - i’d say go for it only at well established jap restaurants and by that i dont mean chains like Sushi Tei or Ichiban Boshi. Places where you can actually see your food being prepared. # sushi cravings

Read more

My gynae also advised that it's OK. Said that the issue is clean food and not about whether it's raw. As such, if you really want to, would suggest you go to a restaurant where you feel assured about the quality. # sushi cravings

VIP Member

Best to avoid cos u do not know whether they got handle the non raw properly anot. Usually they use knife to cut all the sushi they might touch till raw. # sushi cravings

VIP Member

It’s better not to eat raw food now. Maybe some cooked sushi. Go to a reputable restaurant or prepare them yourself # sushi cravings

VIP Member

No raw food thru out my preg. I aslo try.ro avoid sushi because I do not know how they prep in their kitchen # sushi cravings

VIP Member

It is advisable not to, but an occasional indulgence should be okay. I had some ikura and ebiko while pregnant

Super Mum

I ate cooked ones like the cooked prawns, tamago, cooked salmon, unagi:)

VIP Member

Yes, just eat in moderation if there is raw food.

VIP Member

I ate lol but very occasionally

Eat the cooked ones Not raw