Veggies during Pregnancy

I'm 16 weeks now, I don't really include veggies in my meals. Don't feel like eating any veggies at all. Is that okay? and any nice veggie recipe that I can try which will help increase my appetite?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

maybe can talk to your gynae whether taking multivits are enough to meet your nutritional needs since you have no appetite for veggies. and try alternatives too like mushrooms, like what the other mummy suggested. I hated the taste of veggies, so I found some dishes to cover up the veggies taste, e.g. gobi manchurian (grilled cauliflower with spices), sambal kangkong, or add bell peppers into curry. can give it a shot if those suit your tastes.

Read more

Hey Mummy! There are nice recipes on this app that you can try. You may want to incorporate the veggies in some dishes like this one: https://theasianparent.page.link/AsmmysD7Uuhtc2A49 It's important to have a balanced and healthy meal everyday as this will affect the baby's preference also in the future. 😀

Read more
Super Mum

It's OK if you don't like veggies, fruits are also a good source of vitamins and fibre. One particular veggie I like to snack on is edamame beans, you can buy the frozen ones, just add hot water for a few minutes and they're ready. Easy and yummy snack!

VIP Member

No worries. Even though it’s best to eat a variety of food, you can try to eat other things to get similar nutrients.If you don’t like veggies, how about eating more tofu, fruits, juices, mushrooms etc?