Any other alternatives

Hi mommies, Need some suggestions. Since teenager, i havent been eating much vegetables on a regular basis. But i do eat carrots, lettuce and cucumber at times. Now that Im pregnant, I know eating vegetables is important. I am trying to substitute by eating fruits regularly and also drinking Anmum milk supplements. Any tips to share for those who had the same experience? Thank you in advance

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You could also try vegetables cooked in different ways. I have a friend who doesn’t like brinjal at all. Like really not at all. But when brinjal is battered with flour and deep fried, sprinkled with pork floss, she eats it. Haha. She says it just tastes nothing like vegetables. Personally, I dislike boiled or stir fry broccoli and cauliflower. But when I grill it and sprinkle some salt while grilling it. It tastes awesome to me. Then again, actually eating lettuce and cucumber are good too. Carrots is also a form of carbs, so eat moderately but still good to be part of your diet. Maybe can also go to jap restaurant to try tempura vege? Tempura lotus root actually tastes very different from normal lotus root too. But tempura capsicum, I think forget it lah. Capsicum smell is always strong. Haha. Yes some fruits are high is sugar, as long as you eat moderately or variety of fruits, that works too! I have diabetes even before pregnancy, so I have to control the type of fruits I eat. Apples, pear, guava are ok. Not too high is sugar. One portion a day is great. Grapes is high in sugar, so only four to five pieces. Banana is starchy, so if you already have a lot of carbs in your meal then dont take so much banana. A small handful of raisins are good too. A wedge of papaya is okay too.

Read more
2y ago

Dont worry too much, everyday eat something different cause different food/fruits/veges all come with different nutrients and vitamins. Don’t stress yourself too much and enjoy your meals! 💪🏻

You might want to try - prenatal vitamins supplements or chewables - make your own juice (fruits and add in some carrot and celery, if you can’t stand the taste pop in a lemon and some honey) - try eating lots of cashews and almond for DHA intake, take omega fish oil supplements would be good as well - maybe consider drinking soy/oat/almond milk instead of cow’s milk, it has twice-thrice the amount of Calcium per 100ml. Hope this helps! Happy nourishing your body and baby 😊

Read more

I actually just eat whatever I felt like eating.. (Except for those raw, half boiled eggs, alcohol etc..) I don’t want to stress myself by always having to think if I’m having enough of this or that. Enjoy your pregnancy, eat what you want (in moderation of course). 😄

2y ago

Yes I always thinking to myself what to eat. Thanks anyway

i think is ok! my colleague got three healthy sons ! she didn’t eat any vegetables too! i just enter second tri. i don’t eat all vegetables at all including mushroom carrots onions tomato 😂 i think we just try our best to input fruits ☺️ hehee.

Maybe it's time to get used to a healthier diet? You'll want your child to grow up getting used to eating vegetables and healthier food too. Fruits and prenatal milk are sometimes high in sugar, so might wanna take note not to consume too much too.

2y ago

Yes totally agree. Hence in dilemma. Thanks anyway

i myself hardly eat veggies throughout pregnancy.. baby is 4 months now and healthy 🤣