Gestational diabetes

I’m on my 6th week. This is my second pregnancy, my 1st didnt go through because I had a miscarriage. Now my OB asked me to do OGTT. Now we learned my sugar is high. Now I am having difficulty with my diet. I really don’t like eating vegetables. Any tips pls. Some more I have hyperacidity and bloatedness all the time. 🙁

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was facing the same issue when I was 8weeks and after OGTT they categories me as high risk so put me on diet n control portion size. So I just try my best to avoid carbs like rice, noodle, bread etc. then I also cut off as much sugar as possible. But disspite my efforts my doc still dispense me metFormin so tht my body can control it better. Not excited bout it but like all those nurses told me. Now is no longer about me. Is all bout the baby and it’s health. Believe in your self you can do it. keep a positive happy mindset and enjoy the pregnancy

Read more

Increase protein intake, tofu, chicken breast, bean, grilled lean meat with cucumber/coriander… sorry, but do try to eat some veg. Dip in smashed garlic, a lil honey and chilli, something like Thai sauce. I hope this helps!it’s going to help you and baby throughout the pregnancy if u eat well, my dear😘

Read more

i take baked sweet potatoes, tofu, eggs.. more importantly is to have protein as well. u can replace rice with quinoa, oats or potatoes! dont give up, at first i feel sad not being able to eat alot but once u know whats the trigger for ur sugar lvl, it gets easier. occasionally i eat fast food too😅

VIP Member

Wholemeal, Low fat milk, unsweetened soy bean will do the trick.. Avoid all 3-in-1 drinks, fried & fast food. I’m a borderline GDM. It’s hard but for the sake of your baby, you hv to do it. Stay active.. try to walk 30mins after your meals, it helps.

Most important after eating can do walking exercise to sweat it out.

Can try ask your gynae if you can take supplements instead?

how about oats, beans?