How to deal with ur neighbours smoking inside their house

Hi idk what to do but our neighbours upstairs smoking in corridor or sometimes in thier house window.. I close all my window but still smoke get in and I scared for my 1 yr daughter who everyday breath it. Dont know what to do with this attitude lady upstairs... Talk no use

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! I also facing e same problem ever since I moved in my new house last year. My nbr downstairs smoke everyday (esp at kitchen at night). Even I closed my kitchen windows, e smoke still get in and till now we don’t even dare to hang clothes out of e window 😡. Worse of all, our building layout both toilets also affected hence e smoke gets in to my master bedroom too.. Till recently I met a friend and she shared with me we could actually go to community mediation centre if e nbr are stubborn and refuse to “spare a thought for others” My hubby and I recently went to approach our nbr days back and informed e mid-age mother that I’m actually pregnant and have been suffering from e smoke from her family and highlighted my gynae is very concern about my health.. Glad that been 2 days, they stopped. (Pray hard). But before that, u might need to go to e nbr again and ask if she could be considerate, if really not working out perhaps u wanna try to go to https://cmc.mlaw.gov.sg/ for help.. Be chill when u approach her okay! Thou I know is hard.. Cheers!

Read more
3y ago

Perhaps u can try to lodge a police report the next time when u hear loud noise after 11pm or early in morning (do record the noise). Then go to CMC and lodge your complaint. Let’s see if they will appear this time..