Rude or not?

Hi. Idk if it’s just me or what but I find it extremely rude, disrespectful and annoyed when a child cries and you go “come come come” and just carry my kid away from my arms. If you’re the mom, fine but I’m the mom?? You’re trying to imply only you can pacify the child or that i can’t pacify my own kid? Moreover it’s probably like first whine and then immediately rush out and carry baby away??! I personally find that if baby keeps crying and I can’t settle for quite some time then you offer to carry I’m perfectly thankful but not always when baby whine (don’t want to sleep, don’t want to drink milk) then you just carry away like I’m non existent 😒 Other scenarios like I’m making baby sleep (almost asleep after tired crying) and then people just come in and be like “IS SHE ASLEEP?!” or just come in and ask her “OH BABY YOU SLEEPING HA?” then my baby will be WIDE AWAKE and crying to play again?! I believe babies are smart and can differentiate voices of who is play time and who is sleep time?! And I don’t want to be rude but it keeps repeating argh I just keep killing my inner self with fire 😤 Thanks for hearing me out. - A VERY VERY ANNOYED FTM.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

OMG I FEEL YOU! Idk how many times has this happened to me. My MIL just have this mindset that she’s the only one that can calm my baby. The other time my baby was crying because he’s having a hard time to poop so ive been trying to calm him down, she just walked in to MY ROOM and wanted to take the baby away. I told her off and she left but I know she’s not happy but who cares. The whole time during my pregnancy, my in laws totally dont care about me and the baby, didnt even bother to asked anything related to the baby but now when he’s out they suddenly think they can claim the baby and take him whenever they want. Nonsense.

Read more
2y ago

Yea… there was a few occasions she be like “come carry awhile and just took the baby away”. Not sure if I misunderstood it as a question or was that just an inform. I wished I could tell her off 🙃 But I’m staying at her place and I’ll be moving out in a few months time so I always tell myself….. ok tahan few more months when i get my own house no one is getting the address 😅 But I think your case is worse… at the very least my in law cared about the baby. You staying at your in laws or they staying at your place?