Too excited that you missed it

Has anyone ever felt like you’re too eager to see your baby bump grow or to feel your baby move or too excited to get stuffs for baby that you actually missed all the days and weeks that passed by? You just found out you’re pregnant and suddenly you’re in your 3rd trimester already!? Where did all the weeks passed? How did it feel like when I was in Week 12? Week 17? How did acid reflux feel like again? How did I actually managed to go through weeks without my favourite food? Fast forward and pop! Hey congrats you’re a mother now. Constantly showing your boobs to a little hungry person more than your own husband. Heck they make you hurt so much actually and let’s be honest, sometimes you just want to sleep and let the baby cry. It’s exhausting isn’t it!? But eh, what sleep? Sleep is for the weak! I can go days without sleep! And that you just changed their diapers and dang it, baby just took a dump! Don’t they ever stop!? What’s this? How can a little baby shit so much!? They only drink milk for goodness sake! I don’t shit as much, and you start envying how much shit they make in a day instead of worrying how much money you make in a month. And at the same time you have that chicken soup boiling on the stove with a ringing cell phone on a thunderstorm evening forgetting that you just did your laundry. What the.. Stop! Just stop! You want the time to stop, just to breathe. And while changing diapers and cleaning up shit (literally) you can’t help but notice this little Monster is taking his first step and pulling things off the table. That vase you just bought, never mind. Your phone? I’m sure it has a love-hate relationship with all of the floors you’ve stepped on. Then oh! Oh! What did you just say? He’s turning 4 this year? Wait, what? No.. How did 9 months feel like again? Damn it hurts like a bitch on fire in that labour room. Time flies man.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Haha. Well put 🥰