Rude or not?

Hi. Idk if it’s just me or what but I find it extremely rude, disrespectful and annoyed when a child cries and you go “come come come” and just carry my kid away from my arms. If you’re the mom, fine but I’m the mom?? You’re trying to imply only you can pacify the child or that i can’t pacify my own kid? Moreover it’s probably like first whine and then immediately rush out and carry baby away??! I personally find that if baby keeps crying and I can’t settle for quite some time then you offer to carry I’m perfectly thankful but not always when baby whine (don’t want to sleep, don’t want to drink milk) then you just carry away like I’m non existent 😒 Other scenarios like I’m making baby sleep (almost asleep after tired crying) and then people just come in and be like “IS SHE ASLEEP?!” or just come in and ask her “OH BABY YOU SLEEPING HA?” then my baby will be WIDE AWAKE and crying to play again?! I believe babies are smart and can differentiate voices of who is play time and who is sleep time?! And I don’t want to be rude but it keeps repeating argh I just keep killing my inner self with fire 😤 Thanks for hearing me out. - A VERY VERY ANNOYED FTM.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you, babe! The same thing I’m going through but just hang in there and ignore them. What I do when I get annoyed, is to bring baby into the room cause it’s my safe haven, no one should disturb. Just keep yourself and baby in there until they give up waiting or baby falls asleep. :)

Read more
2y ago

Omgggg, your FIL last warning. So rude!! Knocking does not mean consent to enter the room. Don’t understand these oldies really. Can be super frustrating. 🌚 But that’s the biggest issue with having the in-laws around I guess. 🥲