Any idea on how couples who have been together for a long time adjust to separation? How about the kids?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I think it depends on the issue also -- from what I've observed from friends, relatives: if it's a money issue or mutually they agreed to separate, they're ok once they've established new lives. Pag cheating, mas matagal mag get-over. For kids I think it has a lifelong effect, depends as well on the situation and the age of the kids

Magbasa pa

It could be so devastating especially for the children. They might not understand yet the situation fully so they would have a lot of questions in their mind. Hindi ko din exactly ma-imagine how their day-to-day goes by during the first few weeks/months.

Most couples who have experienced separation somehow go through the stage of depression for a time. Yung iba pati kids nadadamay. It would be best for them to have a strong support system for them to surpass the trial.

I am sure there is a big impact psychologically and emotionally to both the parents and the children. It could be one of their most down moments and they really need other people to help them get through that phase.

The kids are the most affected. I know someone who got devastated and astray when his parents split. Matagal sya bago maka get over, almost 3 years din.