Hi, I'd like to know your opinions: My rational for compulsory nap is so that I don't have to deal with gross misbehaviour in the evenings, and so they are rested enough. However, my kids fight nap every weekend (they nap in school on weekdays), and I drive myself crazy over it. Should I enforce nap time? Or leave them running wild to save my sanity? Kids are 5, 3 and 2 Exasperated

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will enforce nap time. Up till the age of 5 years old I believe they still need a nap. They can go without nap but they will get cranky in the evening and may even fall asleep during dinner time. When they are six I won't enforce it unless they are tired because by 7 years old they start primary school and will likely drop off their nap. For your 2 and 3 year old kids you defintely need to make them nap. Perhaps being together makes it harder for them to nap as they will want to play. Have you tried separating them during nap time?

Read more
8y ago

I've tried separating them, one to nap with my FIL, but they don't like the idea, so everyone's with me. I like the idea to ensure the 2yo and 3yo sleep, but often they are the ones playing before nap (-.-)"