I am the writer for previous several posts indicating my serious nervous breakdown on the scary fears of contraction and delivery labour pains. My mum in law understood my fears & worried I am having a mental breakdown or severe depression which I am facing seriously lately! I told her directly I may want to go for C-sect with epidural delivery even if my baby is not in breech position. Because I heard from 2 friends that their C-sect's wounds are not really very painful after delivery. If painful, just take painkillers to ease. I don't know how true though. But my mum in law "insisted & psychoed" me to go for normal delivery with epidural. She told me the contraction & actual labour pains were ok to deal with which can be tolerated. But my pain threshold is extremely low. Then she also told me the wound (vagina tear or the cut due to episiotomy) wouldn't hurt as much as the big wound caused by C-sect op. She asked me: "Is it you want to have any excruciating pains from a C-sect wound? And do you know if the wound is not cleaned well, then will have infections too? Is that what I want?" She has her own points, makes sense and concerns too. She sounded really upset when I told her my current decision about C-sect with epidural and she told me very FIRMLY twice: "Ok I don't care which delivery method you used as long as my grandchild (gender unknown yet) is safely delivered! I just want to have a healthy grandchild that's all!" What should I do? She really wants me to go by natural delivery badly & maybe I want C-sect because I really don't want to experience contraction, dilation & actual labour pains! Of course I don't mind trying normal delivery with epidural as long as the anesthesia effect can last from contraction pains till full actual delivery (pushing out of baby). Pls advise mummies! Thanks!

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im mommy of 3 kids and all delivered through caesaraen, the first delivery was actually emergency caesaraen not elective cause i wanted to do normal birth actually but after induced if im not wrong twice it only dilated up to 4-5cm and it has been 20 hours (felt the contraction and went to hospital at around 5am when my waterbag burst ) and it was almost midnight my gynae told me to go for emergency csect and one of the reasons was baby already passed motion inside so my first delivery was quite terrifying cause when my baby was out there were no signs of baby crying and i was told they mention code blue or something so i started to panicked but right after few minutes i heard my baby cried so i felt a sense of relieved that my baby girl was fine😅 got to know my baby had consume her faeces so that was not a good sign. To cut short my long story telling, i couldn't delivered normal due to fibroid issues that was blocking the passage way for baby to come out, it was about 6cm long, so i cant do normal until i removed my fibroid first and thank god during my 3rd caesaraen the one who delivered my baby told me they had to removed my fibroid as it was blocking when they wanted to stitch up my wound back so i dont have to go separate operation just to removed my fibroid. Save my $$ also! 😂 As for now i dont plan to have more kids eventhough i can do norm delivery now cause my children are all a year gap difference and its already chaotic enough for me😂anyways dont worry about the pain, if you really cant stand the pain just opt for epidural i know first time delivery is frightening but im sure u can overcome this, just think of looking forward to see ur baby and dont think of the pain, if u can afford private delivery ward like 1 bedder would be betta, they will provide betta care and service. Btw just my opinion to me norm delivery heals faster than caesaraen and as for norm the pain is more intense during delivery but for caesaraen is after delivery and it took me about 3 months for my swollen pain below my adominal to go away and no longer feel pain. At the end of the day its ur choice i mean at this point of time u should take care of your feelings first instead of others😉

Read more