I am the writer for previous several posts indicating my serious nervous breakdown on the scary fears of contraction and delivery labour pains. My mum in law understood my fears & worried I am having a mental breakdown or severe depression which I am facing seriously lately! I told her directly I may want to go for C-sect with epidural delivery even if my baby is not in breech position. Because I heard from 2 friends that their C-sect's wounds are not really very painful after delivery. If painful, just take painkillers to ease. I don't know how true though. But my mum in law "insisted & psychoed" me to go for normal delivery with epidural. She told me the contraction & actual labour pains were ok to deal with which can be tolerated. But my pain threshold is extremely low. Then she also told me the wound (vagina tear or the cut due to episiotomy) wouldn't hurt as much as the big wound caused by C-sect op. She asked me: "Is it you want to have any excruciating pains from a C-sect wound? And do you know if the wound is not cleaned well, then will have infections too? Is that what I want?" She has her own points, makes sense and concerns too. She sounded really upset when I told her my current decision about C-sect with epidural and she told me very FIRMLY twice: "Ok I don't care which delivery method you used as long as my grandchild (gender unknown yet) is safely delivered! I just want to have a healthy grandchild that's all!" What should I do? She really wants me to go by natural delivery badly & maybe I want C-sect because I really don't want to experience contraction, dilation & actual labour pains! Of course I don't mind trying normal delivery with epidural as long as the anesthesia effect can last from contraction pains till full actual delivery (pushing out of baby). Pls advise mummies! Thanks!

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi there.. just go by your instincts.. as for being the first time mom, I had so many nightmares of giving birth to my lo.. but when the day comes, I went ahead and wanted to do ND with epidural but I had to emergency c sect.. I was in labour for 20 hrs.. the recovery period for c sect was so painful that I will never wish for my enemy to go through it also.. I took about 45 days to be heal and able to walk properly again..

Read more

You can opt for epidural from the begining. the recovery will be much better and faster the csect honestly. I am gg for my csect for my 3rd baby and I feel upset that I cant deliver naturally as aft going thru two natural delivery. I knew that it's faster recovery and basically I can walk immediately aft my epidural wears off

Read more
VIP Member

It’s your body. You should decide. My MIL wants to insist I must go to private hospital. But I cannot afford to. So I go government. And I will do natural birth unless got emergency. Listen to your body and your needs. Only you will understand best.

You are being way too paranoid. Calm yourself down woman. Epidural when doing vaginal delivery is no pain - it's a bloody pain killer. :) stop worrying so much. The real pain starts after baby arrives - as in sleepless nights, breastfeeding, etc.

7y ago

All mummies first preggy sure worry once baby out is a relieve all the pain all gone le. if you c sert have to be well taken care of the wound cant eat seafood a few months and cant carry heavy things. As for normal delivery the wound very fast recovery and no need to worry about wound too. pain a few days. all this pain have to go through if you preggy. releax and calm too.

For myself, I told myself I am not going to pay so much just to get dr to cut me open. I fear injections etc so I fear csect even more. Relax mummy, go with the flow.

so have u decided or gone for normal or csect? I wanted natural but had to do emergency csect. the pain aft that is beyond words. I dunno if it's just me or wad

i only have one advise for you. take it when it comes. it's your body, you know best.

Have you consult your gynae? Better to check what his advise

pushing out baby and sewing wont feel e pain w epidural.

VIP Member

Do not worry dear! Just do wad u think u feel right