I am the writer for previous several posts indicating my serious nervous breakdown on the scary fears of contraction and delivery labour pains. My mum in law understood my fears & worried I am having a mental breakdown or severe depression which I am facing seriously lately! I told her directly I may want to go for C-sect with epidural delivery even if my baby is not in breech position. Because I heard from 2 friends that their C-sect's wounds are not really very painful after delivery. If painful, just take painkillers to ease. I don't know how true though. But my mum in law "insisted & psychoed" me to go for normal delivery with epidural. She told me the contraction & actual labour pains were ok to deal with which can be tolerated. But my pain threshold is extremely low. Then she also told me the wound (vagina tear or the cut due to episiotomy) wouldn't hurt as much as the big wound caused by C-sect op. She asked me: "Is it you want to have any excruciating pains from a C-sect wound? And do you know if the wound is not cleaned well, then will have infections too? Is that what I want?" She has her own points, makes sense and concerns too. She sounded really upset when I told her my current decision about C-sect with epidural and she told me very FIRMLY twice: "Ok I don't care which delivery method you used as long as my grandchild (gender unknown yet) is safely delivered! I just want to have a healthy grandchild that's all!" What should I do? She really wants me to go by natural delivery badly & maybe I want C-sect because I really don't want to experience contraction, dilation & actual labour pains! Of course I don't mind trying normal delivery with epidural as long as the anesthesia effect can last from contraction pains till full actual delivery (pushing out of baby). Pls advise mummies! Thanks!

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Im currently pregnant as well. This will be my first time. So i cant really advise on this. Just wana tell u to not worry so much. The more u worry, the more scared u will feel. Lets enjoy the joy of growing a human inside us. Either ways, c sect or natural birth.. There will be pain somehow. Childbirth is not easy, i heard. But i know for sure and everyone will agree that is going to be worth it. Dont panic ya. U r not alone. We are all scared too. Even i am scared. But for our child, we can do it ya? Relax and choose whichever u r comfortable with. Other people opinion doesnt matter. It will be great if u have a moral support from ur partner.. Maybe u can get him to talk to ur mum in law. It will make it less difficult for u. Take care and be happy.

Read more