baby vaccination- polyclinic or private clinic

I am wondering if baby should get vaccination in polyclinic or private clinic. My plan is to get all the vaccination recommended by private clinic at polyclinic but I'm not sure how much it would cause in polyclinic. I have attached some price cost but not sure of the details. Can anyone advise if the vaccination done by polyclinic have same as private clinic?

baby vaccination- polyclinic or private  clinic
18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Essentially, all the compulsory vaccinations are FREE in polyclinics if your child is a Singapore citizen, but payable if you get them at private clinics. The optional vaccines (pneumococcal, chicken pox, rotavirus) are payable at both clinics, but payable using CDA baby bonus card. So essentially, for me, since I did everything at the polyclinic, I’ve not forked out a single cent, and I have enough money leftover in the CDA account to start my daughter off in preschool. Vaccines in the polyclinic are given by experienced nurses, so there’s no extra consultation charges. Some PD clinics will charge consult fees for each visit, even if it’s just for one vaccination (there are about 8 visits in total). The waiting time in polyclinic so far has been pretty decent and the nurses do an excellent job.

Read more
VIP Member

My son do his vaccination at gleneagles medical center. Package was $1800ish after gst. We chose private as she is my son's PD and we feel comfortable during the consultation. No pushy. Very chill and friendly PD especially when my boy was sick due to stomach flu. Keep vomiting and diarrhea, she guide us well as 1st time parents (very (kan Chiong) to monitor the situation and when need to be back If needed. So I feel, to me is feeling comfortable most important.

Read more

Done it at my family clinic as the Dr really good. So I don't mind expensive 💰 Private start from 2nd months First jab cost me $98? Baby bonus Second jab I remember very clearly *$500*! I paid by cash, my parents helped to bring due to I not able to take leave. Third jab $360. Baby bonus Dr good, gentle and fast. My child wanna cry but already done. My friend's child half way also changed to that Dr.

Read more
4y ago

Nope. I don't think so.

VIP Member

Compulsory vaccinations are free for citizen babies. Might as well make use of that benefit. Book appointment ahead of time and u won't have to wait long. Not sure about all polyclinics but the Sengkang polyclinic has an area dedicated to such childhood vaccinations, won't be mixed into the general population. Nurses administering the jabs are usually quite experienced as they do it all the time.

Read more

I’d go for private clinic due to concerns about the virus at the polyclinics. Cos recently had a confirmed case went to the polyclinic nearest my house. I’m afraid of coming in touch with confirmed cases there and the wait time is always very long at polyclinics, unlike private clinics which are faster.

Read more
TapFluencer

Hi mummy do it at poly clinic. There's some baby clinic able to use cda account to offset for private. I did mine 6 in 1 jab and rota at kinder clinic. Each time around 500 for 3 time.

VIP Member

Do at polyclinic foc for most of the jabs. Save e money for other times to visit pd when baby is sick - this will happen quite a few times especially if e baby goes ifc.

VIP Member

I'm getting the 6in1 vaccine for my newborn when she's 2 months old with her PD. Other vaccines will do it at Polyclinic. Right now I dare not go polyclinic.

VIP Member

Vaccination done by polyclinic will be same for private. No point paying more for a private doctor to inject vs a nurse to inject.

VIP Member

polyclinic is better. you can use CDA to pay for the vaccination