bacteria infection

I went to my gynae recently. Currently 7 wks & saw my bby heartbeat. Also did a swap as i have discharge (creamish) .. results came back and nurse told me to collect medication as i have bacteria infection. Is it harmful to baby? What other ways can i prevent this from happening in the future? Thanks. First pregnancy and clueless!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s pretty normal especially that our hormones change. It’s probably GBS. I had it too, but at a later stage in pregnancy. No itch or foul smell, just the discharge. And mind you, I’m pretty meticulous on my hygiene down there. So don’t worry too much. Dr will give antibiotics for this. Please maintain good hygiene as antibiotics may also kill good bacteria and this could make your body susceptible to fungal infection.

Read more

Nope i dont have uti. No pain or whatsoever and i dont hold my pee too. I drink lotsa water as well. 😭 Just the discharge only. Afraid that itll be harmful for bby. Dont know how i got it.. sigh.

If gynae gave you vaginal ovule to insert (to clear the infection), it's safe. I used it before. I will maintain clean & hygiene during shower. Change my pantry liner regularly.

VIP Member

Do you have history of UTI? Drink more water, and make sure to not hold your bladder. Pee whenever you need to!

Just take medicine prescribed by ur gynae and change ur panty always

TapFluencer

No worries is common. Normally gynae will prescribe antibiotics