Can I wear normal bra during hospital stay? Or I should get nursing bra?

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If u are wearing normal bra, just ensure that it is wireless as the wires can cause discomfort or blockage during ur breastfeeding journey. It is more convenient to get nursing bra or the Uniqlo airism bra camisole - to have something that allows u to quickly expose ur boobs for breastfeeding because baby will need it every 2-3 hrs as a newborn, even if pumping will also be about that timing. U won't want to be removing ur bra and wearing it and removing it and wearing it again and again - especially when u will be tired in the initial 1-2 months. U need to wear it day and night and even too sleep. Also cannot don't wear bra at all Caz it's not good for ur breast health too (sag faster)

Read more

I will suggest to have a nursing bra. Firstly nursing bra gives ample support to your breasts which will start to get engorged soon but yet there isn't wires which will make you uncomfortable. Secondly if you are going to latch baby every 2-3 hours or pump this often, it will defintely be more convenient to have a nursing bra which you can unclasp the cups easily. That said I also have a friend who breastfeed but never wore nursing bra at all because she feels a sports bra is much easier. She just rolls it up during feeding time.

Read more
VIP Member

I just went without a bra HAHA :x It was more comfortable and convenient, though I didn't get to latch my son much. Feels better to be free too :x Only my parents visited me at the hospital so I didn't mind :)

Nursing bra or maybe you can consider tops with padded top as they provide more comfort as compared to nursing bra. Guess I won't suggest goin bra less:)

VIP Member

Nursing bra - cause you are already so uncomfortable and having a baby breastfeed is already such a new experience. I bought lots of bras from Taobao for nursing

VIP Member

I go bra-less. First of all, you won't be leaking. Secondly, it's much easier to feed baby. Hosp gives u those nursing gown which is easy for feeding.

Read more
VIP Member

Nursing bra. I was so engorged and bloated after c sect and it was so uncomfortable and painful, nursing bra made it comfortable for me a bit.

Depends on what you are comfortable with. I used a nursing bra for my first delivery. Subsequently I used my normal bra

VIP Member

braless, the hospital gown is thick enough, and I also don't have too many male visitors, so it's ok for me

VIP Member

I brought nursing bras but ended up not wearing it. The hospital gown is enough for that time...