Contraception Success

I was recommended by a friend to start monitoring my basal body temperature 2 months ago. During February I didn't measure and just have more regular sex during my ovulation window. Didn't conceive successfully. In March I went to get myself a basal thermometer and started tracking every morning when I wake up. When I see a slight spike we will try and even on days when it is 'low chance of getting pregnant' as suggested by an App. True enough, tested positive last night. Found it quite useful so decided to share. ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

what is luteal level? so the best to have sex is what which temperature.

5y ago

Any day when you see a spike in your bbt. Mine happens to be at 35.99 normally and when I see that I'm 36.3++ and above I will try. Erm idk how to explain luteal. You Google the meaning haha

TapFluencer

May i know what brand of basal thermometer u use?

5y ago

Omron :) can get from guardian

Super Mum

What app is that? So amazing! Congrats btw!

5y ago

The app isn't the amazing part lol I'm trying to recommend those who are trying to conceive to start monitoring your BBT

i did the same thing too!

VIP Member

Thanks for sharing!

share with me more can

5y ago

just for general guideline: Base Temperature (pre-ovulation: 36.1 to 36.3 Day After Ovu: +0.5 degrees After Ovu: 36.4 to 37 Ideal Luteal Phase (where temp remains high): 12 to 16 days Basal Temperature drops to base level a day or two before the start of period