Trying to get pregnant

I have been off BCP for 2 months and tried to conceive through natural conception. Last month I gotten my menses so we tried again this month and today is supposed to be the start of my period. I tested this morning and it shows as negative and I am feeling defeated. I have regular menses that is always on time and am still trying to learn to get a positive result. I ordered ovulation test strips to better my chances. I am curious how long it took for you to conceive your first child and did you go through all the recommended steps like taking ovulation tests and keep track of your BPO etc. I could use any advice! I guess I just need some encouragement and support at this point. Thanks all in advance! #advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy #pleasehelp #tryingtoconceive #ovulation #negativetest

Trying to get pregnant
19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to think it’s very easy to conceive but it doesn’t happen that way. It took us 3-4 years with no news. Then I tried the ovulation test kit. It works immediately. So I realize we can only conceive during the peak day of the ovulation circle. I bought the clearblue 20 sticks to try. I got regular menses. So 2 weeks after the menses starts I will use the test kit daily to check my ovulation schedule. U can try “work hard” daily during the peak, I really conceived after trying that method. I also took folic acid daily when I try to conceive. Don’t stress yourself too much. The more stressful u r, the harder to conceive. Good luck to you. Don’t give up!

Read more

Me and hubs are in our late 30s, we visited TCM for 8 months, went pre-conceptions tests, no problems, but have trying for 1 year, no results. Then we went to see fertility doc, doc asked to do this HSG test to check tubes. The best thing happened after the HSG test, we tried on the 1st cycle, and got conceived. Apparently there are studies showing that after this HSG test, the chances of conceiving increase for ppl who has unknown reason of infertility (depends on the infertility). In my case, it helped. But stay positive, and don’t stress up most importantly! Best of luck!!!!

Read more
2y ago

Hysterosalpingography test, to check if the Fallopian tube is blocked or not.

Personally, my cycles weren’t regular, especially after the covid vaccines. I realised the Apple Health app wasn’t accurate with the ovulation dates prediction after a few months. I just count 14 days from day 1 of menses. Also, I noticed I’ve pain during my ovulation. We have sex on alternative days - day 12, day 14 and day 16. Succeeded after 2 months of doing this. Understand ovulation day differs based on cycle length. But strangely. The 14 days count worked for me even tho my cycle is usually more than 30 days. Good luck !

Read more

I tried more than a year before I get my positive results- my period is also very regular but just keep getting negative results despite using ovulation tests and taking basal body temperature Suggest you and your partner pay a visit to the gynae to get checked out if you’ve tried more than 6 months. On top of that, consider getting more supplements to eat daily and perhaps change your diet. supplements I took for conceiving: coq10, folic acid, fish oil, vitamin c. Husband took the same except folic acid.

Read more
2y ago

avoided caffeine, took prenatal vitamins and used ovulation test kits. best of luck!!

We have tried more than a year, like 5years. We visit gynae to check our body and result came back normal. No issue. We went tcm and told to cut down cold stuff n drinks we did but still no result. We change our diet and i also track my ovulation. That make me more stress,i guess..i delete the apps and let it naturally. So i maintain my healthy diet and tell myself not to be stress about this. We have try our best and we believe god will give us when the time is right.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing.. Baby dust to all hopeful mums!

LOTS OF SEX! Like 4/5 days straight during ovulation period. Make sure to relax and be wet(most important) and enjoy. Took us 2 years, and this was what made me conceive successfully. Second child conceived the same way 2 years later😂 at the same time i ate clean and took supplements that help to relax the mind & help with bowel movement, drink tea & husband takes the blackmore mens supplement & tea with fenugreek seeds. Helps with his drive. Hope this helps!

Read more

Have faith & don't give up. It took me quite awhile after marriage. I know u feel discouraged whenever u see negative results, but don't think too much & stress urself alot. Just keep track of ur menses & ovulation regularly, u can try do a massage to regulate your blood flow & also helps to adjust your womb placement. I did the malay massage call "sengkak" n after a month I think I'm conceived. Don't lose hope ya!

Read more

i also have regular menses (very on time), took us 4.5 years to sucessfully conceive naturally.. 2 iui, 1 ivf fresh, 1 ivf embroy.. went tcm weekly for acupuncture and take daily medication.. take folic acid conceive well, Q10, calcium as well.. monitor daily body temperature, cut down raw food/cold drinks/caffeine, take more protein, hub and me will exercise like 3 times a week..

Read more

Took us 4 years. 2 IUI, 2 MC, and the my current pregnancy is natural. I changed my diet around 2 years, at the same time also went to TCM. I am 34 yo. Hubby is 36 yo. I did save my cycles data on app, using BBT chart and also read Taking Charge of Your Fertility book. I avoid caffeine 90% for 2 years also.

Read more
2y ago

Also, reduce sugary stuff. Good luck 🙏🏻💪🏻

Hello! What we did right after I got off my BCP was to have a fertility check for both me and my husband. We felt that it should be done so we’re aware should there be any issues at all, despite me being on regular periods and no “obvious” problems. Perhaps you can try doing that too!

2y ago

Thank you! I will consider your advice!