I want to maximize my new griller but I don't know a lot of recipes. Please give me grilled recipe ideas. Thanks!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I love grilled food! They are easy to prepare and delicious! Here is one of my all-time favourite recipe: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/beef_kebabs/ Beef Kebabs Ingredients Marinade Ingredients: 1/3 cup olive oil 1/3 cup soy sauce 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar 1/4 cup honey 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger Freshly ground black pepper to taste Kebab Ingredients: 1 1/2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes 1 large bell pepper 1-2 medium red onions 1/2 to a pound button mushrooms About 20 bamboo or wooden skewers (I used satay sticks) Method 1 Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and add the meat. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably several hours or even overnight. 2 Soak the skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling. This will help prevent them from completely burning up on the grill. (I sometimes forget to do this....) 3 Cut the vegetables into chunks roughly the width of the beef pieces. Thread the meat and vegetables onto double bamboo skewers. One way to do this safely is to put the piece that you are trying to pierce on a cutting board, and then push the skewers through the piece to the board. Using double skewers will help you turn the kebabs on the grill. If you keep a little space between the pieces, they will grill more evenly. Paint the kebabs with some of the remaining marinade. 3 Prepare your grill for high, direct heat. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, depending on how hot your grill is, and how done you would like your meat, turning occasionally. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. I will also substitute beef for pork or chicken (and sometimes I make all three together!). Hope you like this!! :)

Read more
8y ago

sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it! Thanks so much Hui Qun Ng!

Try Grilled Asparagus. So easy. You don’t need anything more than thick asparagus spears, olive oil, salt, and hot grill. Please find below the recipe for the same: Ingredients: - 500 gms asparagus, thick spears - 1-2 Tbsp Olive oil - Kosher salt Method: 1. Preheat your grill for high, direct heat. 2. Prep asparagus, coat with olive oil, sprinkle with salt: Prepare the asparagus by breaking or cutting off any tough bottom ends (can save for stock, or discard). Place the asparagus in a pan (to contain the spears while you put them on and take them off the grill). Coat them with olive oil and sprinkle salt over them. 3. Grill on high, direct heat: Brush the grill grates lightly with olive oil. Place the asparagus spears on the grill so that the thickest ends are aimed toward the hottest part of the grill. Grill the asparagus spears for 2-4 minutes, until lightly charred and just fork tender, turning them often so that they brown on all sides. Remove from grill and serve.

Read more
VIP Member

12 extra large jalapeños 8 slices American cheese 4 thin hot dogs, halved lengthwise 4 hot dog buns Mustard, for serving Heat grill to high. Slice tops off jalapeños, then cut off bottoms where it starts to narrow. Using a paring knife, dig out seeds and ribs of each pepper to form a hollow tube. Break cheese into rectangles the same width as hot dogs. Place a few pieces on a halved hot dog, then place the other half of the dog on top to re-form the hot dog with cheese in the center. Stuff hot dogs into jalapeño tubes. (Depending on how big the jalapeños are, you should be able to put 2 or 3 around each hot dog.) Grill, charring jalapeños on all sides and warming the dogs, but remove from heat before too much cheese spills out. Serve on hot dog buns with mustard.

Read more

I love grilling halloumi cheese and making it the star of my salads! Halloumi is a hard cheese that can withstand high heat without melting and is known as "bacon for vegetarians". I also like to grill bell pepper slices and eggplants. These can go into the salad, tossed with some spinach, olive oil and seasoned with salt+pepper. Here's a recipe you can try: https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/grilled-halloumi-cheese-salad.html

Read more
Post reply image

You can make a grilled surf and turf meal. Maybe grilled flank steak and grilled prawn skewers. You don't need much seasonings other than salt pepper and maybe some lime for the prawns. Serve it with a side of grilled veggies and you will have a fresh, simple and yummy meal! (Picture not mine, from the Internet)

Read more
Post reply image