I understand that there are mummies who give fresh milk to their lo other than fm after weaning them off from bm. What kind of milk do u give your lo? Brands? How old is your lo at that time? So many questions, haha.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You can only start transitioning to fresh milk when LO is one year old, not any earlier! My son was 14 months old when we transitioned him to fresh milk because I took some time convincing my parents about it (they belong to the generation that was brainwashed by mass media that formula is better than everything, even breast milk!). There are different types of fresh milk, and the brand would typically be up to your child really - my LO takes Farmhouse fresh milk, but he was okay with it because he was only taking breast milk and NAN before which were both not very sweet. However, I do know of other kids who prefer "sweeter" tasting fresh milk from other brands - but try your best not to give them flavoured milk because those are loaded with sugar! Here's an article which may be helpful, it tells you about the different types of fresh milk, how to transition and what to look out for - but always remember, solids/food should be the main source of nutrients once LO turns 1 year old - milk is just a supplement and sometimes not even needed if LO is okay without milk :) https://www.dearlittleones.com/single-post/2018/04/16/Giving-Fresh-Milk-to-Your-Little-One

Read more