Bleeding with blood clots

Hello! I tested positive after missing my period for a few days, initially its was just some spotting but as the days go my bleeding became more heavier and even have chunks of blood clots, I'm almost 5week pregnant I have check up with a gynae but my sac was not able to be seen over the ultrasound, Doctor say It might be due to too the fact that's it's too early to been seen or I might have miscarry it. Any mummy out there have experience the excessive bleeding with blood clots? Please advice ☹️

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear! I have had bleeding with clots and unfortunately, it was a miscarriage. But like some mummies here said, it could also be nothing! While waiting for the next checkup, what you can do is to check the pregnancy test kit again. When I had my miscarriage, my test a few days later turned negative. If yours is still a bright positive, do get an early appointment to get early treatment!

Read more
2y ago

I'm so sorry for loss, but thank you for your advice too :)

Me! Was in the exact same situation as you… The bleeding eventually became spotting and then it stopped after I took duphaston. Just continue to lie down horizontally as much as you can! And increase your progesterone intake. As long as the bleeding stops, and you don’t have sharp abdominal cramps you should be ok.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you so much for the advice! It was really really very worrisome whenever I see the blood clots on my sanitary pads.

It could be either just heavy bleeding or miscarriage. I had a colleague of the same experience but she lost her little one. Did the doctor ask you to come back? Because you can only see the sac from 8 weeks onwards.

2y ago

The doctor did ask me to head back 2 weeks later for another ultrasound and a few days later for another blood test!

Hi ! Any update if ur pregnancy is well? Im facing the same thing as u now. 🥲