Small gestational sac

I am supposed to be about 5 weeks today during my scan. But doctor said my gestational sac looked like a 4 week sac meaning it seems to be growing slowly / stopped growing. I've had an blighted ovum a few months back and I'm scared. Anyone have any encouraging stories to share?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Scan showed I’m smaller than what I thought i was per LMP. KKH told me that LMP is inaccurate and i had probably ovulated late. Continue to take folic acid before scanning again in a few weeks’ time. It’s an anxious wait but believe that everything will be alright! Ur mood will affect your body

Do you have any prior scan before that? I know that counting from LMP might not be that accurate due to ovuluation date and fertilisation date. Even though as stated by LMP, I should be 8 weeks, but gestational sac and baby size stated about 7 weeks.

I would wait for another 2-3 weeks then go back for a scan again. Meanwhile, see if gynae can prescribe you anything first. Because now it’s really quite small to confirm anything. Hope all goes well for you 💪🏻