Private versus Subsidy patient

Can I see a gp or private gynae to confirm my pregnancy while waiting for a referral to kkh/nuh for the remaining checkup? The referral seemed to take a while and I can’t wait to have my pregnancy confirmed.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You need to go through polyclinic in order to get subsidy rate. And also it takes longer for you to have your first visit/scan done like roughly at about 8 weeks. In polyclinic, they will confirm your pregnancy and prescribe you to some folic acid and vitamins. It’s better to start subsidised throughout till about towards end of second trimester to swap to private if you’re thinking about it! Anyways, all the best and congrats!

Read more

Definitely! I took a pregnancy test at home with the kit and then to GP where she took the hcg test to confirm pregnancy. Went to polyclinic thereafter cause wanted the subsidised route; given folic acid and some vitamins. I later switched to private in my third trimester.

VIP Member

If u want to confirm ur pregnancy means u can do home test as well .. if u r early , if it’s 7 weeks post u may can check out at the doc abt the heart beat of baby etc .. n u may can start colic acid once u confirm it

3y ago

I did a home test but I’m worried if it’s healthy as I’m unsure if I have some cramps because I didn’t eat on time or it’s due to pregnancy

yeap i went to private first before changing to gov hosp, but i also informed priv gynae that high chance im changing over to gov hosp

Do you have a CHAS card? If it’s the blue one you can go to the GP, get a referral. You will still be under subsidized Patient

Yes, I went to neighbourhood Thomson Medical Clinic to confirm my pregnancy and ensure baby is safe till I finally got my apx in NUH.

3y ago

At about week 5, but due to my menses cycle was about 35 days, at that point of time ultrasound shown around 4 weeker with uterus thickening only. So almost weekly (at e beginning) I went back for follow up till stable to see heartbeat in view of my history of miscarriage before.

Super Mum

Yes definitely can. Both can arrange a beta hcg test.

You can also go to poly?