Baby Powder

I read up and get to know baby powder is not good for baby and causes cancer in the future. But my mil insist that i spam alot of baby powder on baby to make her smell nice and it cause no harm. Which is which? What do i do?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

There was some evidence that the talc in the powder may be linked to cervical cancer. So I just avoid powder around the whole diaper area. I think everywhere else is fine. But at the end of the day, it’s your preference:) You can get lotions with fragrance (the Johnson’s baby lotion pink bottle one smells really nice) and ask your MIL to spam that instead. My husband says the Drypers top to toe wash also smells really nice. There’re so many ways to get safe fragrances other than powder. And.. my own opinion here.. the natural baby smell is so nice.. why hide it with other fragrances?:)

Read more
Super Mum

You can get those powder without talc. The Johnson’s and Johnson’s baby powder was discovered to have asbestos in their talcum powder sold in USA. Asbestos is proven to increase likelihood of cancer. However, AVA did release a notice saying that the talcum powder sold in SG has been tested and did not contain asbestos. So should be safe to use.

Read more
TapFluencer

I use baby powder but pigeon dare not use baby Johnson as I read some news about it. Pigeon have 2 type of powder you might want to check it out

VIP Member

I do not use baby powder on my baby. He has sensitive nose and it might trigger allergies. Baby smells good even without powder!

Super Mum

I dont want the baby to breathe in any piwder so not powder for. Just baby lotion ir baby oil. Smells good too

TapFluencer

Babies naturally smell nice. Dont need to put powder. Please dont spam powder as it'll get into their lungs

TapFluencer

Let your MIL knows your preference To me mummy has the right to say apply or not to apply, not anyone else

Hi. U can use pureen baby powder. Is make of corn. So no harm.

I use kodomo powder lotion. Baby smells good as always..

VIP Member

Just explain to your mil and show her some articles...