I am currently using Johnson baby wash and powder. Would like to know any good brand shampoo and powder for my LO. I heard Johnson brand cause cancer. I am not very sure about it.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

There was a lawsuit with Johnson's brand over their powder causing cancer, and the company lost several millions on that lawsuit - I just stay away from it in general! These are the only two brands I use for my LO for bath/shampoo - whichever I can get when it runs out! My preferred is the Nature Love Mere one, but it's subjected to availability. Burt's Bees Baby is available in major department stores like Kiddy Palace :) As for powder, I just stay away from it all because the particles may cause LO to be sensitive to it - just using lotion will do! I'm also using Nature Love Mere for baby lotion (whenever LO has redness) and California Baby Calendula cream when there's rash :)

Read more
Post reply image

I dont trust Johnson's Baby after that cancer news .. I go for cetaphil baby wash n shampoo instead.. i also avoid powders for my baby and use cetaphil baby lotion for his daily skincare routine 👍 his skin feels amazing , soooo soft n healthy

VIP Member

I been using johnson baby lotion and bath for many years and for my kids. I just avoid their powder as i don't like using powder on kids. You can also consider using aveeno! Iherb sells them cheaper then Singapore

Young children has delicate skin. Go for non-soap base if you want to reduce irritation to the skin. Milk bath or those containing oats or moisturisers to keep the skin hydrated.

The lawsuit for J&J was for a woman's product manufactured in US. The baby line products has no issues. Been using J&J baby products for years. I just love the smell♥️

You can try this Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel and Gaia powder if you need to keep areas dry if not you don't need to use powder

Post reply image

Cetaphil! My little one has super sensitive skin and we never needed powder.

use sweet potato flour as powder. I have been applying for my LO since born.

There’s no need for powder

kodomo (: