Milk supply still not improving

Hello, i posted maybe a week or 2 back then regards on my milk supply dropping and im exclusive pumping. I have tried all the method where mummies tell me to drink kurma milk, eating oats, power pumping etc Isit due to my boobs capacity? or is there anothef way i csn try again?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

BM takes about 3 mths to become stable. I'm struggling with low milk supply too but I also top up with fm. I do have a huge stash of frozen milk just from the Haakaa which I use for 1 side when baby is nursing on another. From there I manage to build a stash although 1 time letdown will only let me yield 30-50ml depending on how long my baby nurse. I stopped pumping with my electric pump bcos it's too much work and I hate the washing part. But hand express works the best! I'll always hand express after my baby finished nursing and normally I'll get an extra ounce. My baby also sometimes rejects fm and only like to nurse & vice versa. And sadly he also refuses to drink my frozen milk as I have high lipase bm so now I only DL baby on demand. I took Legendairy Milk supplement but too expensive for a homemaker like me and it didnt work. So far oats drink works for me. I drink the one that sells at supermarket. Can't remember the brand name but it's oats & quinoa. Does not have to do anything with breasts size or capacity. You just need to empty them often which gives your breasts the signal to make more milk. More empty, more milk. I follow lactation nurses in IG which are not from SG and their posts helps me alot to understand more about breastmilk.

Read more
3y ago

My supply dropped too when I had my 1st period but I kept pumping still at that time and also drank alot of the oats & quinoa and eventually my supply came back normal after I finished my period. Try hand express instead? It's tiring but you'll actually yield more than using an electric pump.

My LC told me tt exclusively pumping moms may have this supply issue more than breastfeeding moms as babies are actually most efficient in prolactin release rather than pumps. If all else fails even aft trying supplements, it may be insufficient glandular tissue or endocrine disorder but then again no one can diagnose unless u go for in-depth check. Low breast capacity will not necessarily result in low milk supply as some moms may still be able to replenish fast, so need to pump or breastfeed more often. Anw know tt it does take alot of time for some moms to get their milk supply up. I took abt 2.5 months to increase my supply (breastfeed and pump) but I still supplement with formula once a day. My friend took close to 5 mths to get her milk supply up and now manage to exclusively breastfeed at 8 mths but it took her lots of effort, patience and many expensive LC consults as she was so determined to stop giving her baby formula milk. Do what u think is best but pls don't pressure urself, the more stressed u feel, the harder it is to increase ur supply.

Read more
3y ago

thanks for all the info..i wanted to give my LO bm as much until she start solid then i will slow down already... hopefully it wont decrease any futher for now...

Can try empty boobs using hand expression after pump , pumps not effective to me to empty

3y ago

will try thank you!