English pls!😅

Am i the only one here feeling annoyed that some users of this app isn’t speaking in English? Pls have a separate Pinoy app if their community is large bcos we seriously do not understand their Pinoy language conversations and might cause irrelevance to discussions. 🙏🏼

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Totally agree! When questions are posted in English, please answer in English. Sometimes in order to avoid redundance I search for similar posts, but most answers are in Tagalog. It's kinda useless. But like someone else mentioned here, I have only seen this problem with Tagalog. Never seen any other languages. At first when I was new to the app, I thought maybe my settings is wrong hence I'm seeing so many Tagalog posts 😆😆 To those Philippinoes: I have nothing against you guys. But please stop assuming everyone understands your language.

Read more
3y ago

I have stop reading the forum section altogether. only use the app for tracking of baby growth. today just happened to see this thread recommended to me and glad so many people felt the same way

Totally AGREE!!!! I’m a first time mother & I like to browse this apps to search for new information or to take notes for my own knowledge. Many times happened the topic is something I can learnt (and they do post the topic in English) but end up the user all answer in Tagalog... 🥲🥲 I really agree if the Filipino community are really big, they should have their own apps! Don’t mix all of post here as if everyone understand Tagalog 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ Please be more considerate with others. Not all user here are Filipino. 🥲🥲

Read more

This app caters to most of the languages in Asia but really they need to do a separate ones for other languages just like BabyCentre. Or maybe when they select their language, only posts of their language comes out. I think a lot have feedback but well.... The most annoying thing also, they do not even see when the post was posted. It could be a year or months ago but they still comment on it. And then poor owner who posted the post kept receiving notifications (even if they 'off' it).

Read more
3y ago

Yes but still can see the dates from the comments like 2w, 6mo, 7mo and so on. Shows how long the post is. I will not even bother to comment if I see the replies that long ago. I even deleted my original post when I see any tagalog comments 😅

VIP Member

Totally agree! Questions are posted as English! It's an universal language that makes it convenient for everyone to understand! Yet they still reply in their country language! Please be more considerate! Unless questions are posted in your country language, then go ahead and converse all you want in your language! So far, no other languages had surfaced on this platform, so please, take a hint and again, be more considerate!!

Read more
3y ago

I know right! It weird that I don’t see other languages here. I do see a diverse community from diff races but they’re all so thoughtful to speak in English💕

Hi Mummy, Thank you for being part of our community :) We understand your concerns, and have raised this to our relevant department. They are currently working hard on solving this issue. Thank you for your understanding and patience. From, theAsianparent team 💙❤️

Read more
3y ago

and like what other commenter said, have another app for the Philippinos if the community is so large. since question is in English, answers should be in English.

I feel you too. Sometimes my posts are being answered in Tagalog. I think if posts are in English, pls comment in English so that others can benefit from them. Otherwise it defeats the purpose of the comments in Tagalog. 🥺

3y ago

So agree!!! I was so fed up when I saw post in English & because someone answer in Tagalog, the rest of the post become all Tagalog answer!!

Hi! Oh yes, I’ve always noticed and felt annoyed (no offence). Especially when we’re desperate for help/answer from Fellow expectants. Hope English will be the only language used so everyone can understand.

Hahahaha me too!!! So annoying. They’ll start off by answering in english in their first sentence. Then go on answering in tagalog. 😂

3y ago

🤣🤣🤣

Omg this is so true! I’ve nothing against pinoys. But seriously, take your language elsewhere. Everything is in English here. 🙄

Yes please, pls do something to improvise the app. Its so disturbing having to read their comments. 🤨🤨