I need opinions and suggestions.. Currently 29 weeks. Went for checkup earlier tdy. Took glucose test & nurse called back in the evening saying my results are out & my sugar lvls are quite high & they want me to go back on Thurs for full day monitoring from 8-530pm to make sure everyth is ok. This is my 2nd pregnancy. W my 1st, i didnt take any glucose test and had a natural birth w/o epi. But this time round i have to do it becos they said compulsory. Idk whether to go on Thurs or just tell them idw to be monitored & continue with my pregnancy till i give birth. (I was thinking who wont get high blood sugar after drinking the glucose water.) Will it cause any harm to me and my baby? Do i need pay more attention to it? Any mothers who have GD during pregnancy do u do anyth? Idk im confused :/

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Pregnancy induce Diabetes is something to be taken seriously. If ur OGTT is really high then i think u should go and check just to be sure.. high sugar does affect baby..thats y i did comply to monitoring it. i also had same mindset and in denial wen i had same result as u.i was thinking to my self im healthy and my sugar in Normal.. but i still went back jst to be sure all is Ok. They also told me that i would need to stay in clinic coz they need to do the sugar test 4 times(early morning before breakfast, 1 hour aftr breakfast, 1 hour aftr lunch and 1 hour aftr dinner) for me that is a total waste of time to go back and forth in the clinic or much more stay there the whole day. So i ask and told them i have my own sugar monitoring kit and i will do it myself.(well my folks are diabetic thats y i have the access to the machine) To make story short ...now im still monitoring once every 2 weeks if it hits higher than 7.8 i need to do it once a week. Other than this i jst control my diet.

Read more
4y ago

Hello! ask lang po if ilang mmol/L po yung masasabi na mataas po?