Baby's first food

Hello! May I know what is your baby's first food? And how often do you feed in a day? My baby is 5 months plus and PD gave me the thumbs up to start him on solid. Fruits or rice puree first then can start to introduce egg when he is 6 months. Can I also start him on plain water a bit? Or should I just feed him milk to wash down?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

When first starting solids at 5 months, I just gave my boy small amts for him to be familiar with the taste, mostly Cerelac mixed with milk and pieces of fruits to suck on. Usually just once a day. Only aft 2 weeks when he seems to be more interested in solids I started to give him the full portion Cerelac mixed with milk and pureed fruits twice a day. At 6 months he has rice or fruit puree 3 times a day. At 7 mths now, I just started to mix fish in his rice puree. I've not started him on eggs tho. Not sure if u know, if u want to intro egg, start with the yolk first as the egg white has proteins that have the potential to produce a mild to severe allergic reaction. You can give small amts of water once baby starts solids. My boy doesnt like water tho, has to keep forcing him cz his poop becomes quite hard often.

Read more
3y ago

Noted on that. I gave my baby sweet potato and he hates it 😂 will try other options.