Hi! Can I know how do your wash raw fish and meat before you cook them? Wash them under the tap but the water will get splashed to surrounding and arm? Also if I were to cut the washed fish and meat can I cut them together?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi...first of all clear thoroughly all d intestines fish den cut d fish n meat of ur desire sizes dat u want..put those items in a bowl separately n wash it under d tap to clear unwanted blood. den soak them in d bowl fill up with water...add tamarind...salt(not too little) n mix thoroughly n leave for 5 to 10 minits for fish while d meat(beef/mutton) a bit longet abt 20 minits or so...u can also add lime juice n squeeze or lemon in it...mix it...to get it d smell. ..after sometimes u can wash it thoroughly n drain it n ready to cook n fry.

Read more

Put separately (fish & meat) in the bowl accoding to the sizes of fish & portion of meat. For washing part, please do it separately also to avoid meat smell fishy. Wash either fish or meat first (up to you) under small tap water if you afraid that water splashing out and then cutting can also be one after another. Just clean the area after you've finish everything.

Read more
VIP Member

I will just rinse under the tap.But actually, no need to wash also can, if i bought sliced meat, cubed meat, I will just marinate and cook. if large pieces of meat I have a habit to rinse before cooking. water do splash, if it's a concern to you maybe you wanna wear gloves and apron. I have separate chopping board for Vege/fruits, meat, fish, and cooked items.

Read more
VIP Member

i will cut meat into cubes and soak with rice vinegar + water. To remove the blood and the pork smell. Then i will put some salt to marinate it. I find that it soften the meat and also can keep slightly longer. fish wise i will wash with filtered water and sprinkle some salt before keeping in container and fridge. It does keep the fish slightly longer.

Read more

I usually put them in a big bowl to wash them to avoid splashing all over basin. You should use one cutting board for raw food, the other for vegetables and fruits. You can cut the raw items and wash them together. I put all the cut and wash raw meat tog to save on washing.

My mum usually prepares one type of meat one at a time. For example, she would wash and cut the chicken first before moving on to the fish. For washing of the fish, she sometimes rinse it in the bag she bought it in, or in a basin before placing it on the chopping board.

VIP Member

i eash my raw fich with asam to kill the stench when cooking. then meat shud be wash rinse under the tap. if u find it troublesome when water splashed or such... u can always clean up later... u can cut the fish and meat together, i dun see the issue...

soaked in a big bowl fill up water abt 10 minits or till u cant smell d fish....together with salts n tumerind squeeze it....if u hv lime or lemon much more better....it will get rid of d smell....after dat rinsed n rinsed den drain it.

Don't foresee why u can't do both together. It is evitable that washing of raw fish and meat splash. U can clean up the area later. Cutting can also be one after another.

Read more

Gently rinse them under the running water because washing cannot totally get rid of the bacteria, the cooking does. Make sure the fish is cooked well.