may i know how to syringe feed medicine syrup to my 4mo? i tried twice but failed. she can taste it and.spit it out..end up all flowing out from sides of her mouth and she started crying. i tried to give slowly too. doesnt help. i dont even know how much she has taken with that med keep flowing out..any tips?!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some tips my friends tried (success rate varies though): - aim the syringe towards the side (slightly angled towards the back) of the cheek. This will facilitate the swallowing of the medicine - offer the pacifier immediately after giving the a small amount of medicine using the syringe to encourage the baby to suck and swallow (another friend offered milk feeding) - distract baby by dangling a toy above her head, and use the syringe to give baby the medicine when she is busy looking at the toy Just some tips from my friends. Hope you find a method soon! :)

Read more

My child just had the rotavirus vaccine. The dr expertly syringed the vaccine to the side of her mouth posteriorly and also quickly closed her nostrils for a short period to induce swallowing. Then immediately took out a toy to distract her from crying. No spit at all! No tears too!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-12003)

By gently holding your baby's cheeks together and making a "fish kiss", pursed lips might help stop her from spitting out her medicine. Stroke under her chin to help with swallowing.

i tried your method to purse her lips like goldfish and it works! she still try to spit out but manage to contain the med in her mouth and she swallowed. hehe! thanks for the tips!

wow! i also read to syringe towards the cheeks and towards the back corner. so the syringe should be inserted quite far in right?