Can I squat down during pregnancy?

Hi all! I heard from a friend that I cannot squat down or raise my arms during pregnancy. Even when I’m in my early pregnancy stage. Is this true and any idea why? 😊

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

squatting is ok I guess but I feel lots of pressure on my legs when trying to stand up after that. I guess it depends on you. when I was doing my 20 week scan the person ask me to do squats to see if my baby will move position for the scan. Haha

squatting is ok as long as you don't feel uncomfortable after doing it. I was squatting to relieve my contractions the night before my delivery and it helps to dilate the cervix prior to delivery the next day.

I don't think it's true.. especially for the raise arms. and as for squatting, unless it's vigorous squatting or weights squats which is not advisable, I think it's fine...

got such thing?! 😆 had been doing both & now in 3rd trimester 37th week. everything is fine... so I guess it's not applicable to everyone...

Better clarify for gynae to be safe. Every mom is different. I have short cervix issue and was told not to squat esp in 3rd trim

both is totally fine .. i do it all the times . even now in my 3rd trimester . all is good .

never heard of such restrictions. I squat and raise my arms in all trimesters lol 😆

Squatting is ok I always squat down when I drop my stuff or need to wash things

Squating is a good exercise too even when pregnant.

I did both in my last trimester. No issues