Mixed feelings

I am having mixed feelings about my pregnancy, BTW I just got married plus this is my first time preggy. I'm already 20 weeks and I don't know if I could be a good mother or parent to my child. It really does scares me!

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is no one that is born to be a perfect mom to her kids. Don't worry! I'm sure we all learn along the way and will still be learning throughout heir entire journey. There's no right or correct way because as a mom we really want the best for our kids. Each of us will bring up our kid in our own unique way, if it works then it's right. If it's wrong, we just change the method. Jiayou! Hehehe. We are all great moms just base on us delivering our babies and not abandoning them. Hehehe. That's our first step to being and our effort that we are doing for them. Hehe

Read more
VIP Member

one can never be a perfect person or mom. read more article on how to handle newborn and early childhood mental development. talk to your baby more at this moment until you give birth. it works even though it seems silly. i do that to my boy. 🤭 join mommy group chat. find support to go through hard times handling the baby.

Read more

One can never be prepared to be a mother... I hope you have support to help you through. Being first time parent is indeed scary but enriching. I find joining whatsapp group with mummies of the same EDD helps.. You’re already halfway there and soon you can meet your bundle of joy!!

Congrats! By you thinking about this Qn, I believe you are on your way to learn to become a good mummy :) It will be an exciting journey filled with tears and laughter as both you and your child learn about each other, grow together and enjoy each other's company :)

I'm also 1st time pregnant.. Sometimes I also will think about it too.. But most important is stay happy and rest more during your pregnancy 👍 You will be fine and naturally u will be know how to be a good mummy for ur child. Stay cheerful 🥰

VIP Member

Congrates on your marriage and pregnancy! Dont worry too much mummy, take it easy.. It is just the hormones messing with ya. Try to look forward to ultrasounds of baby to make you fall in love with him or her again!

It is always a nervous/anxious feeling. I am also going to be a first time mum. I think the most important is to believe in yourself that you will be a good mother and always have positive thoughts!

you will not be the perfect mum in the world, but you will definitely be the best to your little one. everyone has their first time and soon you will overcome it.

VIP Member

Hi... having mixed feelings in pregnancy is quite common. Read this interesting article https://sg.theasianparent.com/secret-fears-pregnant-women/amp

Being a mum is ojt. Just enjoy ur pregnancy and u will be fine. Join a mummy group so that u can ask if u need help.