engorgement and fever

I having engorgement and fever on Monday. Fever reached around 37.5. Then on Tuesday's morning the fever subside. Tuesday's nite, the fever came back again at ,37.5 and middle of the night it went up to 38.7. Feel so weak, bone pain n hot. I m feeling useless and depression. Now my fever drop to 37.5. i am still doing my confinement. My husband told me might be taking too much tonics. My body can't take it plus yesterday's afternoon, I went to eat about 15 durian (I mean the seed).

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Could be milk fever if you don't have infection. Best to consult doctor or lactation consultant to find out the real cause. The sooner the better. In the meanwhile, keep bf or pumping to reduce the engorgement Just for your reference Most women don't feel heaty during confinement. If the fever is not due to engorgment, then you could have "catch wind" like my sister. She didn't experienced any engorgement but blow too much aircond. So she took 毛鸡酒 from TCM and settled the problem. According to old people, once you catch wind, you will feel heaty for every tonic you take. Anyway, consult the professional first before you make any decision

Read more
4y ago

Maybe I have a 'catch wind' as what you mention.

hi mummy, i experienced mastitis during the first month too. my symptoms were almost exactly like yours. try squeezing your breast, do u feel any lumps n if so does it hurt? if it does, it is probably mastitis, u can go see LC n get antibiotics. if it isn’t mastitis then u might be taking too much tonics, i took only a tiny bit of tonic during confinement, after my mastitis episode i never took it anymore, i’m completely healthy now with healthy baby and big milk supply. if you worry about milk supply u can take milk boosters instead of tonics as tonics can really be very heaty!

Read more

i experienced engorgement and fever too. what i did was i went straight for warm shower and soaked myself for awhile there. once done, i hand expressed slowly, but i massaged my boobs gently first. it will take quite a while to feel better but just keep pumping and/or latch regularly

Now I change my pumping from 5hr to 3hr and to reduce the engorgement. Coz once engorgement, I will feel pain in my breast. Now my fever have subside. I no dare to shower tdy as the weather suddenly turn windly. I only use wet towel to clean my body.

Super Mum

Hi dear, if there’s no redness or pain in your breasts, then the fever’s unlikely related to mastitis. If you also have bone pain, you may want to see a doctor soon to rule out dengue or other viral causes. Please take care..

Read more

I have start to pump every 3hrs. Now no more pain or engorement on my breast. I drink plenty of water, drink red dates n take tonic as usual and rest more n perspire. Fever have subside.

Super Mum

Please consult the GP if your fever doesnt subside..it could either be mastitis or other infection - the you'd need antibiotics

TapFluencer

It's one of the symptoms of Mastitis. Please clear your boobs asap. If you need any advice dm me at my ig @MummyJLife