Week 6 pregnant and bleeding

I am having brown bleeding yesterday and slowly it turn to bright red bleeding. I went to kkh O&G center and they gave me duphaston to stabilise the bleeding. May I know does the medicine help? I have been bleeding whole night till this morning. What can I do to stop the bleeding? I am very worried that this might lead to miscarriage

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, Duphaston helps to maintain a supportive environment for the developing fetus. If your bleeding does not get lighter or it gets heavier, I would recommend you to go back O&G to have another scan to see if the bb is ok. You can also request for a progesterone jab if it is just a threatened miscarriage. Unfortunately, the doctors are unable to save the bb if it is a inevitable miscarriage. Take care.

Read more

i experienced light spotting and cramps last week (7weeks preggy). went to my gynae for a scan and very glad to hear the heartbeat. my gynae prescribed duphaston and so far no spotting/cramps. i'll suggest that you go for a scan/check with your gynae for an ease of mind :) take care!

I had the same experience as you previously.. Duphaston was given.. But unfortunately the next day my bleeding persist and a gush of blood was passed out while I urinate and I had miscarriage..

If you are worried, just head down for a scan again. It’s ok to be paranoid abit, if it eases u to see your baby’s doing fine in you, just go for a scan

Duphaston did helped me a lot to stabilise it. i also got progesterone jab at my gyni. so better to check it. main thing is baby still got heart beat.

if bleeding more than few days and soak up one whole pad, go back to o&g and request for hormone injection